Wednesday 2 January 2013

Catching Up

So the latter part of 2012 certainly went with a whirl!  I got caught up with helping to organise the Christmas Bazaar at Thing 2's school, as well as holding my own stall at said Bazaar.  To say life was a little manic is a slight understatement, but it's all good practice as I have volunteered to run the Bazaar next year.  Gulp.

Here are a few of the quilty things I made for the Bazaar, and for myself!

I made this little wall hanging as a twin to Frosty, and they do look super cute together.




I found this lovely Christmas tree fabric in my local quilt shop, Nature's Threads.  In fact, I liked it so much I bought the whole bolt!  You'll be seeing more of this.

A set of 4 snowman placemats.

 

A couple of years ago I bought these preprinted gingerbread people stockings.  I quilted them with a very seasonal variegated thread in reds and greens.  I think they turned out ok.



I have a thing about moose (mooses?)  I just can't resist them. When I was digging through my pattern draw I found this one, and knew he would look fabulous on a stocking - my stocking!




I made a Santa in the same style, and let my ever suffering husband have him.


Recognise this fabric?

I had bought a couple of jelly rolls of Blitzen by Basic Grey for Moda.  I love the funky patterns.  I bookmarked a pattern by Polkadot Chair on Moda Bake Shop ages ago, and I used this as a starting point for my table runner.




 I quilted a trio of holly leaves and berries in the stripey sections.

I found this backing fabric in my stash, and it was the perfect match.

I also made a set of placemats to match.



Phew, that's a lot of photos.  I have to say that I really enjoyed all the sewing I did for Christmas, it really helped to get me in the festive spirit.  However, I did then have a very important commission to start, and finish, for Christmas.  I'll tell you about that next time!

2 comments:

  1. I love blitzen, I have some to make a quilt for next year, although the idea of table mats is a great one too. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. I normally email back to all commenters but you have no email on your blogger profile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leanne. I have now corrected this oversight!

    ReplyDelete