Monday 2 July 2012

Kona Solids

I've been increasingly drawn to solids recently, so when I saw a lonesome charm pack of Kona solids in pastel colours I decided to leap in.  Now pastels are also fairly new to me, as they were definately outside my comfort zone until earlier this year.  This seemed the perfect opportunity to make something exciting.

I'm often at a bit of a loss with charm packs, so fell back to my old favourite, the pinwheel.  However, the pastels were just a bit too much, or actually too little for me.



   I found the addition of a thin black linen look fabric added just the zip I was looking for.


I love the 'new' blocks that appear.



I had enough for 11 blocks, so went with a 3 x 3 layout.  I have some dusky grey/blue for the border which I think will work well.  I'm going to try a mitred border, another first, so I'll post some pictures tomorrow of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment