Thursday 14 November 2013

Top Completed

The fabrics arrived yesterday for the borders, but unfortunately not in in time for me to work on them.  I suggested using Oakshott fabrics, as I love the way the different coloured warp and weft threads create a sort of shimmer.  I haven't worked with them before - little did I know the treat I was in for.  It is such a beautiful fabric.



  I just love it.  It adds just the right amount of depth and texture to a solid colour.  It feels almost silky. and was a dream to sew with.



 I used the colour Alboran for the borders with Flame for the applique.






 I used a YLI thread for the quilting, which is a burnt orange and sagey green variegated colour.  It work well against the two vibrant colours.


I have started thinking about the quilting, so had a little play this afternoon with some ideas.




Now it's time to rest my aching shoulders.  I wonder if I can persuade my husband to give me a massage?



No comments:

Post a Comment