Monday 11 November 2013

Hummeltje

I have a lovely new custom order I am working on right now.  Three sisters want to give a quilt to their niece or nephew, who is due to arrive very soon.  They have fond memories of their own childhood quilts, and would like to give this first baby in the family something similar.  I love the idea of this, and feel very honoured to be part of the process.

As two of the sisters are in Holland, and one here in the UK, this seemed like a good place to share my progress reports. 

Here is the design that we have worked so hard to bring together.





It's a very traditional pattern, and the palette of greens works very well. 

Here are some of the fabrics to be used.

 Some of these didn't pass the audition.

Today I started the cutting.  It's always exciting when you start to make little piles of fabrics.
(The orange didn't make the final cut I'm afraid)




Here is the final layout.  I needed to jiggle a few things around.  It's very hard to make something look random, as true randomness often looks unbalanced.
Please excuse my little tags.  I have to mark everything carefully so that I dont misplace anything.

Unfortunately my camera has not captured the true colours very well.  It's a very bright and vibrant colour mix.  It's not a collection of colours that I have worked with before, but I am so enjoying this.

Tomorrow I will start joining all the little squares together, and will post some more pictures in the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment